POLICIES & RATES
1 - 6
Monday *8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday *8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday *8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday *8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday *8:00 am - 5:00 pm
*$1 per minute charge for early drop-off and late pick-up
Call for details. Prices vary on Full Day or After School Care which includes transportation.
Payments are to be made in full before receiving care and/or to reserve your child's spot for that day, week or month. When paying weekly, the full weeks payment must be received prior to or on Monday morning when your child is dropped off. When paying monthly, the full months payment must be received prior to or on the morning of the 1st of that month. If you pay by check and your check is returned, you will be responsible for any bank fees plus a $25 charge. Payments may be paid by cash, check or charge.
If your child is unable to attend on a day that was reserved and paid for in advance, no refunds or credits will be given.
The first two weeks of your child's attendance at Organic Giggles are considered a trial period. During this time, either party can withdraw immediately from our agreement without written notice. No refunds will be given for any services provided within this time period. The goal is to be your child's home away from home and although I would love to be that place for every child, I know this is not the case. This is why I want to provide this trial period, to make sure that my home is your child's perfect.
Dissolution of Care
Both parties have the right to terminate the contract of care with a two week written notice. If Organic Giggles chooses to terminate care for your child immediately, you will not be charged for any days that follow the termination date and a refund will be issued for the days that were paid in full, but service has not yet occurred. If you choose to terminate services immediately, you will not receive a refund for any days that have been paid for in full and service has not yet occurred.
Daily Checklist Prior to Arrival (Please be sure to label all of your child's items and clothing with your his/her name)
- Weather appropriate Clothing/Sunscreen
Please have your child arrive in clothing that is appropriate for the weather that is forecasted on that day and if warmer clothing is necessarily, be sure to have the warmth be created with layering. When the sun is out and you wish to have your child covered in a layer of sunscreen, please have him/her arrive with the first application. If additional applications are necessary, you will need to send your child with the sunscreen. Please note that sunscreen is considered a topical medication by the state and requires an authorized medication form to be filled out. When the rain is in the forecast, please be sure to send your child with a rain jacket and rain boots because who doesn't love playing
- Change of Clothes
I can promise you a couple of things, one is that your child WILL have fun (lots of it) and two is that your child WILL get dirty! Please drop your child off in clothing that you do not mind getting dirty and I recommend providing 2 different change of clothes. When the dirty is beyond dirty, I will be sure to put that outfit in the wash and send your child home in his/her spare outfit.
- Diapers/Diaper Rash Cream/Wipes
If your child uses this, please provide the appropriate amount needed for the day. Diaper rash cream is considered a topical medication by the state and requires an authorized medication form to be filled out.
When it comes to our food at Organic Giggles we strive to use the purest of ingredients. Each ingredient is pulled straight from our garden whenever possible and when purchased, organic is always chosen whenever possible. Additionally, each meal is almost always prepared, made and served with our very own hands. In our home, we do follow a dairy free/pescatarian diet and no dairy or meat will be served to your child at Organic Giggles. Breakfast, a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack will be provided. Breakfast will be served at 7:30, if your child does not arrive by 8:00, please have them arrive with a full tummy. As noted, your child will be well fed throughout the day at Organic Giggles, with healthy meals and snacks, please do not drop your child off with any additional food or snacks.
A daily nap/quiet time occurs every afternoon between 12:30 pm -2:30 pm. The goal and intention is to have each child lie down and get some shuteye to recharge their batteries for more fun. If your child is unable to fall asleep after giving it a fair attempt, there will be quiet activities that he/she may partake in until nap time is over.
The television in our home serves more as a speaker for our daily dance session, but on rare occasion, such as inclement weather days or special treat movie days, we will watch educational shows on nature and animals or educational cartoons such as Baby Einstein. This is NOT on a daily or weekly basis.
As difficult as it may be, it is inevitable that our children will get sick from time to time and in order to protect all of our children, I am asking each parent to respect and follow our sick policy. If your child comes down with a minor cold that enables them to participate in our full day of activities, they are more than welcome to join us. However, if your child is sick and showing signs of any of the symptoms below, I ask that you keep your sick child at home.
The following are symptoms and/or conditions of common childhood illnesses. Your child may not attend daycare if they exhibit the following or have exhibited them in the last 24 hours:
- Fever : Greater than 100F accompanied by behavior change and other signs or symptoms of illness
- Signs of Illness : Irritability, lethargy, persistent crying, difficulty breathing, uncontrolled coughing, wheezing, lethargy
- Diarrhea : Changes from the child's usual stool pattern (increased frequency, loose/watery, runs out of the diaper or child cannot get to the bathroom in time)
- Vomiting: Must be symptom free for at least 24 hours before returning to Organic Giggles
- Mouth sores that cause excessive drooling. Wait until your doctor confirms they are not infectious before returning your child to Organic Giggles
- Rash: Any rash other than a common diaper rash or skin irritation that is accompanied with a fever or behavior change
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye) : May not return until treated and/or no longer contagious.
- Scabies, Head Lice or other Infestation: May not return until 24 hours after treatment and free from nits.
- Impetigo : May not return until 24 hours after treatment started
- Strep Throat, Scarlet Fever, or other Strep Infection : May not return until after treatment started and the child is fever free
- Pertussis : May not return until 5 days after treatment started
- Tuberculosis (TB) : May not return until a health provider determines that the disease is not contagious
- Chicken Pox : May not return until 6 days after start of rash or all sores have crusted over
- Mumps : May not return until 9 days after start of symptoms (swelling of cheeks)
- Hepatitis A : May not return until 7 days after start of symptoms
- Measles or Rubella (German Measles) : May not return until 6 days after start of rash
- Oral Herpes : May not return until lesions heal
- Shingles : May not return until lesions are dry
- Any other contagious condition
Children may return to daycare after being symptom free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medications. Please do not confuse this with 24 hours after onset of symptoms. Be proactive. If a child is sent home sick, a minimum of a 48-hour exclusion will be required.
If your child has a medication that needs to be administered while in care, please fill out and sign the medication consent form (I cannot give your child medication without this form being filled out), place the medication in a ziplock bag, label the ziplock with your child’s name, the name of the drug, how it should be stored, amount needed, and time(s) to be given. If this is a prescribed drug, I must have written directions from your doctor and your child’s name must be on the prescription. Sunscreen, as well as diaper ointment, is considered a topical medication by the state and also requires an authorized medication form to be filled out.
Although I respect any parent’s choice on whether or not immunizations are right for their family, it is required by the California Code of Regulations that prior to admission to any family day care home, children have to be immunized against diseases. Please be sure to bring an updated form for my records here.
I will take two weeks (10 days) vacation each year, with a possible third week. I will give you as much time as possible to plan alternate care, with at least a 3 week notice. During this time, I will be doing my best to provide care with a licensed caretaker who will come to the house in my place so that alternate care does not have to be found.
In addition to the two weeks of vacation, we will be closed on the following:
• New Year’s day
• Martin Luther King’s Day
• President’s day
• Memorial day
• 4th of July
• Labor Day
• Veteran’s Day
• Thanksgiving and the Friday after Thanksgiving
• Christmas Eve and Christmas day
If I am sick or need a personal day I will close the daycare. I rarely get sick, but it does occasionally happen. Please be prepared and have a back-up for child care. If my child is sick, he will be quarantined in a bedroom to keep other children from getting ill. I have up to 5 days of paid sick time per calendar year.